Personal Facebook Fundraisers are a FUN and easy way to raise funds for the URA and a great way to move our mission forward! You might be surprised by who supports you!
- Create your fundraiser. Log in to your Facebook account and click “Fundraisers” in the left menu of your news feed.
- Click “Raise Money”.
- Select Nonprofit/Charity.
- Search and select “Utah Recycling Alliance.”
- Set your personal fundraising goal and an end date for your fundraiser. For Trash Talk Trivia Night, create a fundraiser that runs from now through 2/6/20
- Give your fundraiser a catchy and descriptive title and use your summary to explain why you think your Facebook friends should donate to URA. Make it count! Share why URA’s work matters to you.
- Choose a cover image and hit “Create” to make your fundraiser’s page available for everyone to see!
- Spread the word!
Inviting all of your friends to participate will maximize your outreach — and so will talking about your fundraiser! Share your fundraiser to your page and even donate to yourself to get started! Add a personalized note about why URA’s cause is important to you. You can take an extra step by emailing your contacts to notify them about your Facebook fundraiser, sharing the link to your fundraiser’s page, and asking them to contribute in your honor. You can also reach out to friends over Facebook messenger. These steps will help increase your fundraiser’s visibility – and attract more donors.
- Keep up the energy by monitoring your fundraiser’s activity and sharing updates toward your goal. Sharing your excitement will encourage people to join your cause. Let your friends know how your fundraiser is going by posting about milestones along the way (“We’ve hit 20 percent of our goal!”). You will be notified when donations and posts are made. Be sure to reply to any posts or comments and like and comment on people’s donation posts to thank them for supporting your fundraiser.